See the following: -
The birds have been liberated at 11:00 hrs in a light North west wind and cleared in 20 seconds. Good luck to all.
After a very challenging weekend the NFC Sennen Cove birds have been liberated by the race team at 11.00am into a light NW wind. Line of flight up through to Bodmin is clear with broken cloud and sunshine. Devon is dry with high cloud and occasional blue sky. Onward journey is light NW turning variable as they travel with showers in places. Thanks to all members for their input on line of flight information especially Steve Wright in Bodmin and Neil Smith in North Devon. Good luck to all. Steve White Race Advisor/ Dom McCoy Chief Convoyer.
Sun 10:57 hrs. Getting ready...
Sun 09:49 hrs. The latest photo from Sennen Cove at this time: -
Sun 08:44 hrs. The Cloud cover at Sennen Cove now: -
Sun 08:06 hrs. Blue sky coming, keep watching...
Sun 06:41 hrs. Sennon Cove mist/fog clearing from West, the sun is on its way.
Sun 06:26 hrs. Been speaking to fanciers this morning who are on our flight path and all seem to come to same conclusion as your race team that there will be showers on route if birds go this morning and from Birmingham upwards sunny spells showers and variable winds in different parts of country we will keep you updated Dom McCoy
Sun 05:44 hrs. Sennen Cove now: -
Sun 05:43 hrs. Saturday morning we were met with heavy mist and fog which stayed through out the day we tried myself and Steve to get a liberation despite a great racing day through out the country we could not get the lib sky here I spoke to numerous locals including some pigeon fanciers even the coast guard told us we would not get a lib but we cling on to a little bit of hope that the variable winds here might give us the liberation sky we wanted after waiting as long as possible the race was postponed I know some were disappointed but myself and Steve always have birds welfare as our priority and it was such a shame because a few miles away from cove was perfect racing day but because of conditions here the birds would not have cleared remember we are working for you not against but BIRDS welfare comes first Late afternoon here Saturday heavy rain and very thick fog and mist all around us Birds were fed and waters topped up around 1pm all birds were settled couple hours later and there was nothing to do except watch fog get thicker Sunday morning before first light in fact around 4.30am Steve and myself were discussing today’s event which looks much better weather wise than yesterday NW wind on site at moment be patient and hopefully we will not disappoint. Dom McCoy
Steve will be updating with weather reports of line of flight as he gets them
Sennen Cove at 05:17 hrs on Sun.
Sun 05:13 hrs. Saturday 1pm birds fed all waters topped up mist /fog all around transporters after speaking to several locals including coast guard this is typical Sennon weather I could not believe the change from Friday around 2pm heavy rain started and continued for most of day and night we waited from early morning till cancellation of race to look for a break in weather because 20 miles away from us rest of country was perfect racing day unfortunately that never came our face advisor spent hours trying to look for the same break I know lots of you were wanting a liberation and were disappointed at no lib call but no more than us Through out night heavy fog and rain plus the fog warming horn sounded for most of day and night Sunday morning light drizzle and light NW wind thankfully fog warning horn has stopped and fog and mist is clearing as I am typing this we are very hopeful of liberation please just be patient we have the birds welfare our major priority and our race team are working for you not against you Dom Mccoy will update later Steve White will update you soon with weather and more race details
12.45 hrs, on Sat 5th June. The birds are held over. There will be no liberation today.
Sat 12:36 hrs. We are just not getting break to liberate mist fog coming from both sides as one side clears other side closes in. Freezing foggy misty according to coast guard typically Sennon weather.
Sat 12.26 hrs. No change, please see the photo below: -
Sat 10:30. No change in the weather. Still overcast, very light rain.
Sat 09:30. Still overcast, very light rain on and off. South West wind on site. I will update hourly. Dom McCoy, Chief Convoyer.
Sat 08:24. Lib point still has full cloud cover and fog.
Sat 06:20 hrs. This mornings pictures show full cloud cover etc.
Fri 19:00 hrs. Check out these videos 😎
Fri 18:40 hrs. Some cracking drone photography of the transporters at Sennen Cove: -
Sennen Cove could be a very early liberation tomorrow. This all depends on the cloud cover that we see may be an issue most of the day in that region. Light SE wind on liberation turning to a light SW as they move up through Cornwall into Devon and the rest of the country. We will update this message tomorrow morning once we have a clear picture at the race point. Steve White Race Advisor