Saturday 19th June @ 06.04 hrs. The NFC birds at Sennen Cove have been liberated at 06.00 hrs into beautiful sunshine and a 6mph North wind. Once into Devon the wind turns light South Easterly at 6 to 8 mph. Dry and sunny for the first couple of hours and then generally overcast as they travel up through Somerset and Dorset with rain showers starting to appear on the south coast later this afternoon. Appreciation to the NIPA at Bude for their on site weather information and window to liberate. Good luck to all. Steve White Race Advisor/ Dom McCoy Chief Convoyer.
Saturday 19th June @ 05.11 hrs. Looking at 06.00 hrs for a liberation! Watch this space...
Saturday 19th June @ 04.57 hrs. Very happy!
Saturday 19th June @ 04.23 hrs. Beautiful weather, best morning so far.
Friday 18th June @ 19.25 hrs. Sennen Cove 2 weather looking positive tomorrow for an early liberation into light 6mph North East wind turning to South East through Devon and back to North East as they travel onwards up country. We will update this information tomorrow morning. Steve White, Race Advisor / Dom McCoy, Chief Convoyer.
Friday 18th June @ 18.50 hrs.Video 😊
Friday 18th June @ 18.49 hrs.From the heavens above 😇😎😉
Friday 18th June @ 18.45 hrs.Looking glorius at Sennen Cove: -
Friday 18th June @ 15.08 hrs.Strong straight North Wind, gusting at 30mph: -
Friday 18th June @ 13.53 hrs. All birds were collected as per our new time table agreed with hauliers and it was agreed we would meet at Exeter services around 21:30 hrs. Unfortunately, this never happened and transporter 2 had to park up over two hours away from us. Friday at 07:00 hrs., we were awaiting arival of NFC2 which arrived around 08:15 hrs. We quickly transferred all the birds on to one transporter and we left the services for Sennon Cove. A couple of hours later, we were settled, waters were topped up and birds were fed as much as they wanted. After feeding, waters were checked again. As I write this, we have glorius sunshine, blue sky and gusting winds. The temperature here is 71 degrees. I am relaxing now, on the wonderful Cornish riviera.
Friday 18th June @ 13.36 hrs.Sennen Cove views from the lib site: -
Thursday 17th June @ 16:00 hrs.The marking team at Southampton: -
Thursday 17th June @ 14:20 hrs.Alveley Marking Station, with R Scriven Esq., President NFC: -
Thursday 17th June @ 07:03 hrs.Owlerton Greyhound Stadium, Sheffield Marking today. If you haven't been here, you are definitely missing out!
The birds have been liberated at 11:00 hrs in a light North west wind and cleared in 20 seconds. Good luck to all.
After a very challenging weekend the NFC Sennen Cove birds have been liberated by the race team at 11.00am into a light NW wind. Line of flight up through to Bodmin is clear with broken cloud and sunshine. Devon is dry with high cloud and occasional blue sky. Onward journey is light NW turning variable as they travel with showers in places. Thanks to all members for their input on line of flight information especially Steve Wright in Bodmin and Neil Smith in North Devon. Good luck to all. Steve White Race Advisor/ Dom McCoy Chief Convoyer.
Sun 10:57 hrs. Getting ready...
Sun 09:49 hrs. The latest photo from Sennen Cove at this time: -
Sun 08:44 hrs. The Cloud cover at Sennen Cove now: -
Sun 08:06 hrs. Blue sky coming, keep watching...
Sun 06:41 hrs. Sennon Cove mist/fog clearing from West, the sun is on its way.
Sun 06:26 hrs. Been speaking to fanciers this morning who are on our flight path and all seem to come to same conclusion as your race team that there will be showers on route if birds go this morning and from Birmingham upwards sunny spells showers and variable winds in different parts of country we will keep you updated Dom McCoy
Sun 05:44 hrs. Sennen Cove now: -
Sun 05:43 hrs. Saturday morning we were met with heavy mist and fog which stayed through out the day we tried myself and Steve to get a liberation despite a great racing day through out the country we could not get the lib sky here I spoke to numerous locals including some pigeon fanciers even the coast guard told us we would not get a lib but we cling on to a little bit of hope that the variable winds here might give us the liberation sky we wanted after waiting as long as possible the race was postponed I know some were disappointed but myself and Steve always have birds welfare as our priority and it was such a shame because a few miles away from cove was perfect racing day but because of conditions here the birds would not have cleared remember we are working for you not against but BIRDS welfare comes first Late afternoon here Saturday heavy rain and very thick fog and mist all around us Birds were fed and waters topped up around 1pm all birds were settled couple hours later and there was nothing to do except watch fog get thicker Sunday morning before first light in fact around 4.30am Steve and myself were discussing today’s event which looks much better weather wise than yesterday NW wind on site at moment be patient and hopefully we will not disappoint. Dom McCoy
Steve will be updating with weather reports of line of flight as he gets them
Sennen Cove at 05:17 hrs on Sun.
Sun 05:13 hrs. Saturday 1pm birds fed all waters topped up mist /fog all around transporters after speaking to several locals including coast guard this is typical Sennon weather I could not believe the change from Friday around 2pm heavy rain started and continued for most of day and night we waited from early morning till cancellation of race to look for a break in weather because 20 miles away from us rest of country was perfect racing day unfortunately that never came our face advisor spent hours trying to look for the same break I know lots of you were wanting a liberation and were disappointed at no lib call but no more than us Through out night heavy fog and rain plus the fog warming horn sounded for most of day and night Sunday morning light drizzle and light NW wind thankfully fog warning horn has stopped and fog and mist is clearing as I am typing this we are very hopeful of liberation please just be patient we have the birds welfare our major priority and our race team are working for you not against you Dom Mccoy will update later Steve White will update you soon with weather and more race details
12.45 hrs, on Sat 5th June. The birds are held over. There will be no liberation today.
Sat 12:36 hrs. We are just not getting break to liberate mist fog coming from both sides as one side clears other side closes in. Freezing foggy misty according to coast guard typically Sennon weather.
Sat 12.26 hrs. No change, please see the photo below: -
Sat 10:30. No change in the weather. Still overcast, very light rain.
Sat 09:30. Still overcast, very light rain on and off. South West wind on site. I will update hourly. Dom McCoy, Chief Convoyer.
Sat 08:24. Lib point still has full cloud cover and fog.
Sat 06:20 hrs. This mornings pictures show full cloud cover etc.
Fri 19:00 hrs. Check out these videos 😎
Fri 18:40 hrs. Some cracking drone photography of the transporters at Sennen Cove: -
Sennen Cove could be a very early liberation tomorrow. This all depends on the cloud cover that we see may be an issue most of the day in that region. Light SE wind on liberation turning to a light SW as they move up through Cornwall into Devon and the rest of the country. We will update this message tomorrow morning once we have a clear picture at the race point. Steve White Race Advisor
Fri 31/07/20 - 06.18 hrs. The birds have been liberated at 06.15 hrs, uk time in a light South West wind, gusting to 10 mph. Air temperature is 21 degrees, humidity 74 degrees. Variable winds on route but mainly South. All birds cleared the site together, none left on transporter. A good race is predicted. Good luck to all and Well done to Phil leech and Damian Ellis on a great job, you can both come back again. Thank you and well done, Dom McCoy, Chief Convoyer.
Race Advisoirs Report: - Birds liberated at 06.15 hrs from Pau into a light south west wind at 5 mph at 21 degrees.
Line of flight up to Bordeaux at 09.00 is 28 degrees into a light South West at 8 mph. Between Nantes and Angers at 12.00 to 15.00 is 30 degrees South West wind at 10 mph. Cherbourg peninsula is West South West at 9 to 12 mph. Tonight the channel is West South West at 10 to 15mph. There are thunderstorms to the East of France and the South East of the UK forecast early evening that will push out easterly into the north sea which will decrease the temperature rapidly by dawn tomorrow. Tonight and tomorrow in the UK is generally South West winds and dry.
Wishing all members a successful race.
Steve White, Race Advisor & Dom McCoy, Chief Convoyer.
Convoyers Report: - Pigeons fed and watered on docks in caen.
Travelled to Bordeaux fed to appetite and watered. Stayed overnight set off to pau at 06.30 arrived 11.00.birds had food and water constantly all Thursday. Up at 04.00 topped up water and liberated at 06.15 birds cleared well
Phil Leech, Convoyer and Damian Ellis, Driver/Pigeon Assistant
Fri 31/07/20 - 06.00 hrs. Latest from PAU. At 04.00 hrs, transporter lights were switched on, waters topped up, birds seem very content. The weather conditions have been monitored every 30 minutes. Light South East wind on site, blue sky, broken cloud from 05.30 hrs French time. All strings are cut. We will update very soon.
Fri 31/07/20 - 05.36 hrs. PAU skies now: -
Fri 31/07/20 - 03.58 hrs. Friday am weather at lib site, 04.50 hrs French time, cloud cover, temperature is 22 degrees and rising one degree approximately every hour to a max of 31 degrees at 17.00 hrs French time, then temperatures will start to drop down to around 24 degrees. Throughout the day, mostly sunny, clear with good visibility. All we need is a good liberation sky will update later. Dom McCoy.
Thurs 30/07/20 -19.35 hrs. The temperature forecast tomorrow morning at PAU is 22 degrees.
Thurs 30/07/20 -19.09 hrs. Update for tomorrow - PAU showing cloud, north of liberation point. Southerly wind all through France, although variable in places. Light rain tonight over bay of biscay. Once birds leave PAU from Bergerac up, Southerly wind, some light rain forecast showing helping wind all the way home. This forecast is from four different sources but all saying very much the same. P.s. rain forecast for couple hours over liberation site tonight.
Thurs 30/07/20 -16.07 hrs. The birds have just had a second feed, all seem very relaxed. It is very warm but Phil and Damo are relaxed as well and are about to put barbecue on!
Thurs 30/07/20 -11.14 hrs. French weather for PAU, FRIDAY forecast, yellow thunder storm warnings over parts of France. Now West wind, visibility 8 miles.
Thurs 30/07/20 -10.43 hrs. Transporter left Bordeaux at 06.30 hrs and are now on site. I have made contact with the agent and everything is fine, as I am sending this, the agent has arrived on site and is talking to our race team. Birds have been fed and waters are being topped up, all is looking good. Steve White, our race advisor has been on phone this morning with weather updates. Our weather team are also keeping in touch with myself and Steve White. The NFC have a very close tight knit team looking out for the welfare of your birds. We will update later.
Wed 29/07/20 -21.58 hrs. Update on journey to PAU. After careful planning of route down to liberation site and some ten hours of driving with compulsory breaks, the driver and convoyer have stopped to park overnight at the Bordeaux liberation point where they will stay until around 6.30am. The birds have had two feeds and constant water and are now nicely settled for the night .The best thing about parking here for night is all the facilities and security. Tomorrow morning, the drive to PAU should take approximately three hours so birds should be nicely settled well before midday Thursday. We have been in contact with the agent and the weather is forecast 33 degrees on Friday. I will update more tomorrow with pictures of lib site etc.
Saturday 05/09/20 @ 08.09 hrs. Birds liberated at 8.00 hrs into a light North West wind in sunny conditions. The line of flight upto Cherbourg is light North West winds and once heading into the Channel the visibility is 16 miles, with again North West winds at 15mph gusting to 19mph. The UK is dry with the odd shower around in the West and generally winds are West North West. Good luck to all members. Steve White, Race Advisor & Dom McCoy, Chief Convoyer.
Good luck to all, don’t think you’ll need it, fantastic sky at lib point. All birds cleared in three minutes, all left site together. Sorry no lib video this time due to technical issue with equipment. Dom McCoy, Chief Convoyer.
Saturday 05/09/20 @ 07.37 hrs. Ready for the liberation.
Saturday 05/09/20 @ 07.16 hrs. Nice blue skies now 7.16 hrs. Sides opened ready for liberation around 8.00am. Wind on site, North West 4mph. Everything looking good for a great end of season NFC race. Will update soon.
Saturday 05/09/20 @ 06.40 hrs. Beautiful sky this morning.
Friday 04/09/20 @ 16.42 hrs. Transporters and cloud cover
Friday 04/09/20 @ 15.01 hrs. Getting on to the Coutances liberation site.
Friday 04/09/20 @ 10.36 hrs. Tomorrow's forecast is looking positive with sunny conditions on the Cherbourg peninsula with a North West wind at 12mph, gusting to 15mph. Channel forecast is sunny with winds North West at 15mph, gusting to 18mph. The UK is generally westerly winds and dry. Update next will be Saturday morning. Steve White, Race Advisor.
Friday 04/09/20 @ 08.59 hrs. Oustraham at 10.00 hrs French time.
Friday 04/09/20 @ 06.27 hrs. Arrived Oustreham at 06.15 hrs French time, sunrise is not for another hour. It is very overcast on the Channel. North West wind. Topped up all waters and as drivers had to have an eleven hour break, I decided to feed birds on dock before we continue to liberation point about 73 miles away. We should arrive at liberation point around midday. I have been in touch with agent and will update later today. Dom McCoy, Chief Convoyer.
The RPRA have been notified from the FCI that Nort-sur-Erdre has been closed for four days, which disallows the NFC from liberating this weekend from that point. The NFC have moved to Messac.
Sat - 18/07/20 -08.48 hrs. The birds at Messac have been liberated at 08.45 hrs in clear sky and cleared immediately. Variable light winds up through the Cherbourg peninsula. Light west winds in the channel of 9 to 12mph. Once in the UK we have a south west wind which should push the birds through some showers and more persistent rain which will slowly break up as the day goes by. Good luck all. Race Advisor Steve White & Dom McCoy Chief Convoyer. See the video of the liberation: -
Sat - 18/07/20 -08.09 hrs. Skies starting to clear nicely.
Sat - 18/07/20 -07.16 hrs.Cloud breaking. I will update this message at around 08.00 hrs.
Sat - 18/07/20 -07.10 hrs.Overcast in France at this time but blue skyies breaking through. Wind is Westerley at present.
Fri - 17/07/20 - 15.45 hrs.The weather here at Messac is great, really warm. Birds waters all topped up, finished light feed one hour ago. Looking very good my side of channel. Dom McCoy.
Fri - 17/07/20 - 13.30 hrs.MESSAC - Watch this space for the latest info from the Messac National Race. (Nort-sur-Erdre liberation site has been closed for this weekend!)
Fri - 17/07/20 - 07.40 hrs. At the French Oustriham docks, weather is overcast, birds all lightly fed and waters topped up. See pictures below: -