Since the onset of the Corona Virus restrictions, the National Flying Club has continued to be very hopeful of being able to provide a race program for our members and indeed, we issued the statement that four weeks after racing could begin, we would hold our first National race.

We are very grateful to the Chief Executive Officer, President and Vice Presidents of the RPRA who have worked very hard to produce a workable method statement in all aspects of the processes needed in order to allow racing to begin for most from the 6th June. Therefore, the NFC Committee have agreed a 2020 race program as follows; the first race will be from Fougeres on the 4th July followed by Nort-sur-Erdre on the 18th July. The NFC Grand National will go ahead from Pau on Friday the 31st July, with the last old bird race being from Fougeres on the 15th August and the young bird and old hens race will still go ahead on the 5th September. Please note, three marking stations: Ash, Steventon and Alveley are in doubt and are closed for the moment, with club officials working hard to find suitable alternatives. 

Also with the government’s recent requirement for a 14 day quarantine period for all those entering the UK from the 8th June, there have been rumours that Continental Racing would not take place this year, however, please be assured that the NFC will be providing Continental Racing this season as our operations are contractual and therefore deemed as essential employment, as confirmed by the RPRA and the very positive upshot of this is the reopening of discussions regarding joint liberations by the major organisations, and as necessity is the mother of inventions it proves there is light to be found in every situation, however dark it may seem at the time. We will keep all members posted via the news page on the National Flying Club website.

Any news or views to me Chris Sutton on 01530 242548 or email

Based on the latest protocols and information available this is an update for those intending to enter the NFC races on 4th July from Fougeres with marking on Thursday 2nd July. Nort Sur Erdre on the 18th of July, basket on Thursday 16th July and Pau 31st July, basket on Tuesday 28th July with the final old bird race on the 15th August from Fougeres, basket on the 13th August. The Y/B and O/H race from Coutances is set for the 5th September, basketing on the 3rd.

Dear Members,

The positions of your Secretaries have been closed temporarily due to Corona Virus restrictions, (placed on furlough).  The length of this furlough is, until matters are lifted re Corona Virus. (A furlough is a short term temporary leave of abscence.) 

The office of the National Flying Club is now closed.  Should any member have a query, please contact your local committee member whose contact details are within your membership handbook.

If you require rings, please order direct from the RPRA, the webshop ring purchase options have been disabled. Those members whom haven't paid their subscriptions yet, being in breach of general rule 4, can still do so via the webshop.

We wish you all, to keep safe and well.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. S. & Mrs. K. Barkel, Secretaries 

Considering the uncertainty of when the restrictions preventing us from racing our pigeons will be lifted, the Committee of the National Flying Club have decided that we will hold our first National race one month after the Royal Pigeon Racing Association allowed us to train and race our pigeons. Our thinking is that we envisage most federations will begin their race programme one or two weeks after the all clear has been given to allow for a period of road training, which will ensure fitness in our birds before the competitive season begins, and after one or two of these federation races our birds should be ready to compete in a National. As we all know, his is a far from ideal situation but careful consideration has been given to allow us to decide to either join the existing race program from the second race or a decision will be made along those lines as the situation unfolds.

Due to the legiuslation from our Government, the NHS and the RPRA,

1) The management committee meeting due to be held on the 8th April, has been cancelled.

2) The first race scheduled to be liberated from Fougeres on the 23rd May, has been cancelled.

The health and safety of our members is our top priority. During this challenging time, we will take all neccessary precautions to ensure this. We will monitor the situation and will update this site when further news becomes available.